Pages

Godzilla learns Joy

This past week I learned a lot.  It was a very stressful week at work preparing for next weeks sales conference hosted by the marketing team (including yours truly).   To say that stress made me a little testy would be an understatement.  I turned into what could only be described as Godzilla with roid rage and PMS.  Oh, it was bad.

So I was skating along on my stress induced war path when Thursday night I was hit with a valuable lesson.   Let me preface:  my small group has been going through the book "Purpose Driven Life".  We usually meet Sunday nights, but as I will be at this work event Sunday we decided to meet Thursday for an impromptu small group session.  Oh boy, does God ever know how to smack you in the face sometimes.  (in a loving way of course)

So this week was about Evangelism. Something I am not great at to begin with. And the main thing I got out of it was "Live joyously".  People will constantly see how you live and ask... why?  Godzilla hit a brick wall with that one.  Nothing in my stress induced take down was a good example.  I hate when that happens!  So I am now forced to reevaluate how I act, how I am perceived, and how I live.

Today I prepare for my ultimate stress week: one full week of running around, being "concierge" to our company, putting up with those who are tough to deal with, not enjoying the fun activities because I am the one putting them on, and doing all of this with Joy, Grace and Happiness.  This won't be easy, but it will be necessary.  Here goes to a week of Joyful Smiles and doing the right thing!

My phone won't upload the photo I want to share... So here is an Alpaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm judging you because...

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS