Pages

Excuses, Excuses

I've been a bad blogger.  I had one hell of a summer.  This summer I have done a lot of new, interesting and bettering things. While I know these are no excuse here are my... excuses.

I moved into my first solo apartment.  And let me tell you, living alone is AMAZING.   The Rehn and I don't have to wear pants, we have quiet study time, and sometimes I don't put the laundry away right away.  (Which is actually not a good thing)  Living alone is also hard because there are a ton more bills that come with it than I thought there would be so I'm basically living the true college experience and living off peanut butter and jelly.  But hey, at least it's decent?  But I can honestly say I am doing this and I am independent and that is the most amazing feeling in the world.





I'm still loving Arizona, despite being so homesick.  If California wasn't a short (ish) five hour drive with amazing podcasts on demand I'd be lost.  But I think being in a new state and making new friends and new experiences has helped more than I could ever imagine it would.

I had a summer externship at my dream job and am continuing my externship this semester as well. This externship has allowed me to make huge connections, speak in court, find my passion and realize that I want to stay in this office for as long as possible because I have such a love for the work they do.

My 93 year old grandmother moved in with my aunt at the end of the summer. Which was both happy and sad.  It was sad in that the house she left was the house that I had known since I was born. I spend as much time there as a child as I could.  I lived there as soon as I graduated high school and through college.  It was home.  However this move is actually the most amazing thing she could have done.  When I talk to her now she has such happiness in her voice, all her stress is gone.  And it has given myself and my family an opportunity to grow closer to my aunt and cousin.   Throughout the years we all get busy, and reconnecting with such amazing people is the biggest blessing.  Not only is Gram so happy and doing so well, but it's an opportunity to make a new home base and to enjoy my family.

One of my best friends got married this summer.    I had the opportunity to help her by finding her perfect wedding dress, go shopping for decorations for hours on end, and set up for her perfect day.  It was a small wedding of family and a handful of friends and being able to be involved made me realize that sometimes you end up with people who are more like family than friends and that is one of the best parts of life: Getting to expand your family.

My best friends Cianna and Darren gave birth to their first little girl, my niece Elena Michele.   She is perfect.   She is the baby my best friend Melissa and I bugged Cianna and Darren to have.  We prayed for her, we loved her before she was even created and I hope with my entire heart that she always knows and feels the love of all those around her who are so lucky to be in her life.

Through this entire summer, I've laughed, I've cried, I've been drunk, I've overslept, I've fallen down, I've found a sunscreen I'm not allergic to...

I've learned that life moves forward even if you are not ready.  And I'm not as scared as I thought I would be.  I'm alone in a new state while my family is in California, but it shows me that I can do it.  I can make it.  I'm learning, and I think that is the thing that means the most.  You have to take all the crazy, all the chaos and learn and forge a path through it.  And that is what I am doing.  

So forgive me for neglecting the blog, but I promise to do better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm judging you because...

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS